[ros-dev] ReactOS Versions

K McI uniq at wwsvr.bounceme.net
Thu Nov 11 23:04:59 CET 2004

Rick Langschultz wrote:
| When ReactOS is built and runs windows executables stabily

And doesn't crashup for many reasons (I think you meant that too)

| I think we
| should have a program for windows that will let you customize the
| platform like windows ce and compile it with all the features you want.

You mean, easily compile ROS for a different architecture, or...? You
might want to explain a little more, I didn't understand that.

| I think that it would be a great idea because of different types of
| systems such as PBX/VOIP servers, application servers, and domain name
| servers.

Like, have ROS be compiled to server JUST that function?

| This would allow security to be integrated into ReactOS by
| limiting programs allowing open ports, and Denial of service attacks.

If a PBX didn't have SaMBa on it when not needing it would help, if
that's what you mean...

| Maybe even support for multiple architectures like SH, ARM, X86, AMD64,
| PPC???

"SH" ? I'm not familiar. I know that ROS is on x86 now, but I have an
A64 and would LOVE to have ROS natively support that.

| With FAT, FAT32, NTFS, XFS, EXT3, EXT2, and many others.

That would be nice. RieserFS too!

| Maybe
| even a rom based os? Please tell me what you all think.

ReactROM? Not bad, but it would probably have to be a bigger then usual
~ ROM and have to be a stripped down ROS... !!! I've got an idea from
that! ROSBIOS! For Internet PC makers who want to have a familiar (Read:
Windows-like) BIOS! Instead of paying MS for the look and feel and to
make a BIOS, they just use ROS (And hopefully release the code as GPL).