[ros-dev] Loading ReactOS from Floopy

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Thu Nov 18 00:08:03 CET 2004

Devin Smith schreef:

>Hi Lucio,
>
>You actually don't need RAWRITE at all. Inside the freeldr directory is an
>install directory. The program in here will install freeloader onto a
>floppy. This is how I did it and how I boot ReactOS on my machine. I think
>all you need to do is something like: "install a:fat" and it will be
>installed.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Devin Smith

IIRC, ReactOS installer still has no option to install to BOTH the
harddisk bootsector and the floppy disk.
Some kind of boot-time rescue disk..
Is FreeLDR using a protected-mode call to read freeldr.ini?
I remember using the FreeLDR floppy image with Memdisk (a Syslinux
component, see http://syslinux.zytor.com )
Memdisk is perfect for loading a floppy, and FreeLDR booted, but could
not read freeldr.ini as it was not on fd0,
but on a virtual diskette (image) on ramdisk.

Bernd