[ros-dev] RE: [ros-diffs] [CVS reactos] FPU/SSE state saving on taskswitching, FPU and SSE exception support.

Anich Gregor blight at blight.eu.org
Sun Nov 21 14:47:26 CET 2004

Hi!

On Sunday 21 November 2004 12:45, Hartmut Birr wrote:
> Hi Gregor,
>
> I've some problems with your changes. On my smp machine I get an assertion
> from fpu.c line 452. I think, it isn't possible to use
> KPCR.PrcbData.NpxThread on a smp machine. With your first patch I don't
> have any problems.
>
> - Hartmut

Hm. I was afraid there were going to be some problems with SMP... but the
problem is that I do not really know anything about SMP =/
The KPCR is per-processor, isnt it?
Is it possible that in a SMP system there is one CPU which has less features
than the other (i.e. FXSR) or is it somewhere specified that you must use
exactly same CPUs?
Is there some reactos site which tells one what to take care of for SMP?

I will try to find out how to fix the fpu stuff on SMP...

Thanks,
  -blight