[ros-dev] Idea to protect ReactOS

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 17:40:45 CET 2004

Hi,

--- Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think we need to have someone audit all of the resources to make
> sure
> they are not tainted.

The md5sums and binary records don't match for most of the resources I
have already looked at. We could revert to Wines cursor and icons as
they look enough like Windows but are not a 100% match. It looks like
they were developed using another tool and not just copied from
Windows.

I would assume the cursor and icon pixels are covered under fair use as
they are such a small part of Windows but we better developer our own
unique set of icons just to be sure so we don't have to fight it out in
court. As KJK said...They got Al Capone for Tax Evasion.......

Thanks
Steven