[ros-dev] ELF mapping support for ntoskrnl, for anybody who is interested (untested)

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 13:38:37 CET 2004

Hi,

--- art yerkes <ayerkes at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Please post a tutorial (or link) on building elf exes.

Building a Win32 winelib application is well documented here

http://www.winehq.com/site/winelib

In short if you are lucky and if your project already builds with Mingw
converting it to be a winelib application can be only a few minutes
work. Winelib uses the winebuild tool that we already have in ReactOS
as well as another tool called winegcc which is a wrapper around gcc on
Unix to make it act like Mingw.

My hope is that by adding ELF support to ReactOS we will make porting
ReactOS almost as easy as it is to port Winelib to another platform.
Right now Winelib runs on MacOS/X, LinuxPPC, Solaris/Linux on Sparc and
a Alpha port is under way.

Thanks
Steven