[ros-dev] RE: [ros-diffs] [CVS reactos] Added gethostbynameimplementation written by Adam Kelly (insulanus).

Casper Hornstrup chorns at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 26 12:36:23 CET 2004

> I don't doubt that the approach could be improved, but nobody
> else stepped up to code this.  My basic opinion is that
> functionality is better than vapor, especially when it helps
> us exercise other parts of the system.

In the past we've tried hard to implement ReactOS the way Windows
is documented to be and I don't see why we should change that now.
The WinSock stack is layered and can handle multiple protocols so
I don't see why you would want to put such TCP/IP specifics into
ws2_32.dll which is (or used to be) just a dumb dispatcher to
WinSock Service Providers.

Casper