[ros-dev] ReactOS Setup Wizard Scroll Bar for Timezone.

Adam Babcock adam at nemesys.ca
Sat Nov 27 16:49:38 CET 2004

K McI wrote:
> Err, was that quoting business aimed @ me or Adam?

> PS. I'll admit that my idea has some problems with it, but I was just
> railing @ the fact that someone who is not very likely to live in the
> same zone as Redmond would have to correct ROS/Windows every time they
> installed.
>     I admit that my method might result in being some zones off, but @least
> it's trying to be intelligent, instead of just assuming that everyone
> lives in GMT -8.

I am pretty sure that was aimed at me, my bad, sorry about that Alex. I
didn't realize that it was you, forgot that you are a developer, and
yes, I finished the math module, well, sort of...{read -> I'll do it
tonight ;)}
As for the timezone, I agree with you K McI that it should intelligently
pick the timezone, but I think it is just too difficult, especially with
very metropolitain nations such as Canada. I suggest one of two things:
1) Stick with GMT as a default
2) Pick some neutral default considered the "home" of ROS, I believe
Windows defaults to GMT -8 because of the location of Microsoft HQ
{Redmond, Washington}