[ros-dev] Moving ntoskrnl configuration defines into ntoskrnl/include/config.h ?

Gregor Anich blight at blight.eu.org
Sun Nov 28 00:50:47 CET 2004

Hi!

I have written a tool to configure the ReactOS source tree (customize
the build) It builds a GUI interface from an XML file which lists all
the possible options and how they are "realized" (in which file a value
has to be changed to make the build-system do what is wanted, i.e. set
KDBG in config to 1)

I would like to add the possibility of configuring things like
WHOLE_PAGE_ALLOCATIONS or TAG_STATISTICS_TRACKING (from ntoskrnl/mm/npool.c)
It would be good if such defines were moved into a file like
ntoskrnl/include/config.h which is then included by ntoskrnl.h and looks
like this:

/* Enable tracking of statistics about the tagged blocks in the pool */
#undef TAG_STATISTICS_TRACKING

/*
 * Put each block in its own range of pages and position the block at the
 * end of the range so any accesses beyond the end of block are to invalid
 * memory locations.
 */
#undef WHOLE_PAGE_ALLOCATIONS

I don't want to make the tool edit the C files directly.

If anybody is against this please let me know, otherwise I will do it.
(Note: The tool is written in python and will thus not be allowed into
the reactos tree but I will provide it for whomever is interested)

Thanks,
  blight