Wine/ReactOS Co-operation, was Re: [ros-dev] Must Read!!!! Msi.dll and Bison Alert!!!!

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Tue Nov 30 21:18:00 CET 2004

James Tabor wrote:

> Thomas Weidenmueller wrote:
>
>> James Tabor wrote:
>>
>>> With this commit, we will be using bison to build cond.y and sql.y.
>>> Okay, for those using a Window 32 based system 8^p you will need
>>> *bison*!
>>

>> I'm totally against that. The project IMO should build with the
>> standard build system - i literally hate projects that need this
>> tool, that tool, yet another tool, ....
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Thomas
>
> Well, tell that to wine. 8^)
>

> This was a hard call to do. Knowing this team.
>
> Wine is moving away from porting as I can see it. I've written about how
> wine has cross linked third and forth level dlls (apps level). We can not
> port w/o having to include some of their weird programming stuff (put
> nicely).

What exactly do you mean by this? What are third and fourth level dlls?
What is the weird programming stuff you obviously dislike?

> I've tried wines windows builds and w/o some of their dlls you can not
> use
> them at all. You have to bypass ROS Second level dlls with wines. When
> you
> try it, it doesn't work.

If that is a problem with Wine DLLs then please feel free to submit
patches for both the callers and callee. Supplying a test case that
passes on Windows, but doesn't pass on Wine also helps.

Rob