[ros-dev] My attitude

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 4 17:57:03 CET 2005

Casper Hornstrup wrote:

>Well, +1 on the arrogance, but I won't vote on such a thing. IMHO we have to deal with such issues another way. There are a few
>things that have bothered me for a while which I list here.
>

>For several weeks there have been complaints every time I have granted a new developer commit access. This has not only been from
>Alex, but also 2-3 other committers or so IIRC. What is the problem here?

I've explained this to you on IRC, it doesn't respect the rules we setup
about this. Just like the time with Andrew becoming TC didn't respect
the rules.

>Giving other developers commit access, will not "degrade"
>your own status as a committer.

I never said that, nor did the other people which complained.

>If you have a problem with someone getting commit access, then bring it up on the mailing list, but
>be prepared to come up with better arguments than "I don't know him". It's innocent until proven guilty with regard to getting
>commit access.
>
>Alex gone on kicking spree on IRC. Maybe we need to vote on an official IRC policy. I don't think such behaviour is particularly
>nice.

I was merely having fun executing our IRC policy, which says "no
idling". The people that were kicked had not talked in months, and could
potentially have been logger robots. If you had a problem with it, why
didn't you step in?

Thanks for your comments. Best regards,
Alex Ionescu