[ros-dev] Google Integration was: My attitude

David Hinz post.center at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:08:11 CET 2005

When you look at what MS wants to do (advertisments on every pc...) this
perfectly fits, because then google would provide the ads (if we would
really want to do this, but I don't think so) and not MS.

Google and MS are the biggest enemies in this market, so Google is happy
over every cent MS doesn't get. If Google gets this cent or not isn't
that important for them in that moment, the most important thing for
them is that MS doesn't get it.
And the easiest way to reach this goal is to "steal" MS the platform
they need, Windows. If they use Linux, ReactOS or whatever doesn't
interest them.
You can see this when you look at the relationship between Google and
Sun, they said, that they want to work together, I think the background
is, that Google wants as many users as possible not to use MS Office,
because MS wants to use it as an advertisment platform.

I hope you see, why such a relationship would be of interest for Google.

Greets,

David Hinz