[ros-dev] Google Integration was: My attitude

Nate DeSimone desimn at rpi.edu
Fri Dec 9 05:12:50 CET 2005

OK, you are forgeting one thing, Google is a for profit corperation,
their mission is not to "kill Microsoft," thier goal to  maximize
profit, Microsoft has the exact same goal.  Google and Microsoft just
happen to be in a Oligopoly right now which is why they both are focused
on each other, because any move by one of them (be it hostile to the
other company or not) will affect the other.  I'm sorry but Microsoft
and Google both realize that users will not bear to have required
advertising built in to the OS.  Which is why I fail to see is where
Google plans to make its profits by working on ReactOS; in order for
investment in ReactOS to be profitable, it must hold potential to
increase Google's revenue.  One possible source of revenue is if Google
plans to make a GoogleOS, base it on ReactOS, and sell the OS.  Of
course they say they have no plans to do so at this time, noone really
knows if they are planning to or not (expect of course their upper
managers.)  But don't just assume that Google will automatically invest
in the project just because it could hurt thier competitor's sales, they
are interested in thier revenue, not Microsoft's.