[ros-dev] Loopback problem

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.org
Thu Dec 22 11:05:53 CET 2005

It turns out that the Mozilla control does set the TCP_NODELAY flag, we just
don't implement it yet. I looked at adding it, but we're missing
setsockopt() all together. It doesn't make much sense to add it to our
current code now, with Alex's rewrite coming up.

If there are no objections, I want to commit the attached patch. It does 2
things:
- Send delayed ACKs every 200ms instead of every 2500ms
- Force Nagle off for the loopback interface (testing shows that Windows
does this too, there's no congestion problem on the loopback interface)

GvG