[ros-dev] bug in freeldr?

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Fri Feb 4 21:27:07 CET 2005

> From: Hartmut Birr
>
> something has changed in freeldr. If freeldr founds a problem
> (missing driver) it  shows a message box with an OK button.
> Since some days, it isn't possible to continue with pressing
> the enter key.

I tried to reproduce this by removing \reactos\system32\drivers\atapi.sys
and then booting. The message box shows up, and I can dismiss it using the
enter key. This is with SVN head freeldr.

Some funny stuff seems to be going on with freeldr. Lately, it sometimes
hangs on my real hardware test machine when starting to load NTOSKRNL.EXE.
It will hang for any number of boots, and then all of a sudden start working
again. I've tried to pin it down, but have been unsuccessfull so far.

Gé van Geldorp.