[ros-dev] A Request (Direct3d)

Maarten Bosma Maarten.Paul at bosma.de
Sat Feb 5 23:39:22 CET 2005

Hi,

I worked on direct3d for ros last year. But nothing useful came out. The
problem is in "subsys/win32k/ntddraw/*.c". There are a some functions,
which need to be implemented. They are called by DirectX and just pass
the call to the display diver. Should be easily to implement - but not
for me.

I think it would be a real milestone for ReactOs, if a experienced
kernel hacker would implement this, because the coder of the code that
is already there "Peter Bajusz" had also coded a basic direct3d
implementation about a year ago, that ran under winxp, but not under
ros, because of this. (see old mailinglist arrive)

However... I found out Peters new email address. He said that had to no
time to work on it, but it still would be a huge step.

Maarten Bosma