[ros-dev] creating a branch

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Sun Feb 13 22:54:17 CET 2005

> Hi,
>
> I've used the  following command line:
>
> E:\Sandbox\ros_mp\reactos>d:\programme\subversion\bin\svn.exe
> copy svn://svn.reactos.com/trunk/reactos
> svn://svn.reactos.com/branches/cache_manager_rewrite/reactos
> -m "Created cache_manager_rewrite branch"
>
> The result is always this:
>
> svn: Out of date: 'branches/cache_manager_rewrite' in
> transaction '13531-1'

I think I know what the problem is. Svn copy can't create parent
directories.

Try this:
svn mkdir svn://svn.reactos.com/branches/cache_manager_rewrite -m "Created cache_manager_rewrite branch"

svn copy svn://svn.reactos.com/trunk/reactos svn://svn.reactos.com/branches/cache_manager_rewrite/reactos -m "Created
cache_manager_rewrite branch"

The error message is highly confusing. I'll report it to the Subversion team.

Casper