[ros-dev] __attribute__((weak)) - in mingw

Danny Smith dannysmith at clear.net.nz
Wed Feb 16 22:15:33 CET 2005

Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> Danny Smith wrote:
>
> Will you have pre-compiled binaries with these patches for download on
> ReactOS.org.

No, I am a Mingw developer and I put binaries at mingw's SF site..

 Please do, it is a very nice place to have them. And while
> we are on the subject. GCC 3.4 is totally broken for ATL. It doesn't
> even come close to even imagine to compile ATL. From some of the stuff I
> saw it is breaking the standard. It took me 2 minutes to see that it has
> no hope. So I have two things. 1 - please if you can keep a live version
> of 3.3 with all above enhancements for us, poor, wrote millions of
> Microsoft code, guys. 2 - Would you mine talking to me (on the list)
> about what is broken in 3.4 and try to see what needs fixing on the
> compiler side and what need to be done on the code side. I'll send you
> examples of code and we can see what should be done for them and if such
> changes are acceptable.

Please, if you want me to stay involved in this discusion,send posts to
mingw-users at sourceforge.net.

I have no intention of "fixing" gcc-3.3.x.  My main interest is 4.0, but I will
probably backport some changes from 4.0 branch into next gcc 3.4.4 mingw
release.  If you have specific examples of things that are broken on 3.4.x with
mingw please submit a bug report.  See
http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml

Danny