[ros-dev] Implementing a help system

Thomas Larsen sikker2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 00:23:10 CET 2005

Can provide some links:

Got no pages to provide this stuff see below in my prev. letter

But why implenting a new help system:

I made a new version of reactos "Lila OS Client Editon" based on my own stuff and reactos
i have been working on over the last years and wanted it... and shared it with reactos if they
wanted it also the reason for making new version of rosmine notepad sol soltaire spider notepad

Why go further:

I Would like to have a little smarter Version of winhelp32

Microsoft allready did that "HelpSvc and hh.exe"

But what i would like is a new help system that could both handle chm and hlp
and a new interface like "HelpSvc" and Visual Studio MSDN Help"

Project
hh.exe is the native program and winhlp32.exe is stub a redir to hh.exe so it can handle both hlp
and chm files... (MS All ready did that)
so in the end no double work of first making winhlp32 then making hh.exe

Can you see the comp. issues... ??

Thomas Larsen