[ros-dev] ntoskrnl issue on my Dell Latitude C610

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 08:33:41 CET 2005

Hi,
A little background info. I have a dell Latitude c610 with a P3m 1ghz CPU, 256Megs of Ram and a 20
Gig hard disk. ATI Mobile Radeon Graphics chip with 16megs of Vram.

When I try to boot ReactOS the screen always go black after freeldr loads the drivers and
everything even if /NOGUIBOOT is selected and bootvid.sys is removed from the system. The screen
never goes blue and the kernel never gets a point where HalDisplayString or the kernel debugger
will work. I have added a function to my ke\main.c to manually write to the screen in text mode
and have been using that to try to debug the boot process. The problem is that it never
consistantly crashes at one line of code. It always seems to be around a call to KeLowerIrql but
depending on where I stick my debug statements it will change. Whats odd is that it will fail 100%
of the time in the same place depending on where I move my debug statements. The only thing I can
figure is that but writting to the display its interupting which is changing the failure location.
The farthest in the boot process I can get is the call to KeLowerIrql that happens around the
calls to SeInit1 and SeInit2.

Thanks
Steven