[ros-dev] Explorer in XP and Wallpaper changing...

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Mon Feb 28 05:57:07 CET 2005

Hi,
Alex Ionescu wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Firstly, it seems our explorer doesn't load in WXP anymore. Looks like
> we are directly importing NtGdiBitBlt (undocumented function) instead of
> relying on BitBlt. I don't see any need to use undocumented native API
> in explorer... I've also heard that it's impossible to built it with
> msvc because of numerous (43) template errors. Bizzeh on IRC knows more
> about this.
>
> Secondly, I've tried out the new wallpaper changing, and it crashes on
> my build, inside win32k. I am running qemu + optimized build...can
> anyone else repro? I will try other BMPs to make sure mine isn't
> corrupted (which still means there' s a bug).

It works on real hardware, but depends on the size too. If 800 x 600 or better
(1024 x 1024, 1024 x 768) I can change the background, but less than that it
does not stick. Oh, it does not modify the registry, so after a reboot, I get
the same original background.

> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu

With winfile.exe;

(objects/gdiobj.c:803) Attempted to lock object 0x0 that is deleted!
(objects/bitmaps.c:71) Invalid source dc handle (0x00000000) passed to NtGdiBitB
lt

Palbitblt;

(objects/gdiobj.c:603) Attempted to free global gdi handle 0x605025f, caller nee
ds to get ownership first!!!

FYI, I can install OOo_114_Win32 with some gui problems but it did trash my
registry entries and made Foo.lnk to everything. So I reinstalled registries.

OpenOffice 1.1.4 and WinQuake;

GDI32: CreateDIBPatternBrush is unimplemented, please try again later.

OpenOffice 1.1.4 after exit, it's still there;

(objects/gdiobj.c:845) Attempted to lock foreign handle: 0x80402f0, Owner: 0x214
  locked: 0x0 Caller: 0x100, stockobj: 0x0

Taskmgr; Hay it work now, Performance page looks like it needs some fixing up
(win32k.sys, maybe?)! After exit Taskmger get this,

(ntuser/message.c:1135) Attempted to post message to window 0x19c that is being
destroyed!

I used pskill to kill it off, or you can use a new taskmgr window to kill the
one you exit from.

Thanks,
James