[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [hbirr] 12690: - Implemented KeAcquireInterruptSpinLock and KeReleaseInterruptSpinLock.

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 1 12:24:44 CET 2005

Hartmut Birr wrote:

> I see no reason to make all internal structures from ntoskrnl
> compatible with the M$ one.

Me neither, unless they are publicly documented.

> I'm not sure if the KINTERRUPT structure is public documented.

It's widely available, so people are bound to use it.

> The end of the structure looks like a little bit if it was extracted
> from code or from a symbol file.

I don't really understand what's wrong with the end. I looked at the
structure from 1) our w32api 2) ntifs.h 3) ms symbols.

> For smp machines we need an array of KINTERRUPT structures. IMOH it
> should be an header with some informations (count, the nice
> ProcessorEnableMask, ..) and an array of the real interrupt structures.

I think that's how IoConnectInterrupt works.

> But in this case the structures for the Io- and Ke-functions are
> different.

Yes, a meta-function for IoConnectInterrupt storing the data you said.
That one is not publically documented however, so ours can be anything
you like. In my local test change, I stored the array and
ProcessorEnableMask.

I'm only asking to move two or three items up or down, and rename two of
them. The code changes took me less then 5 minutes. I stronlgy believe
that we must duplicate public structures.