[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ekohl] 12676: Don't start services until the control pipe issues are fixed.

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Sun Jan 2 13:08:14 CET 2005

Gunnar Dalsnes schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> it is more wrong with the pipes. Compiling ros on ros doesn't work.
> I suspect the pipechanges broke w2k cmd.exe also...

As far as I can see make.exe and cmd.exe are using CreatePipe() to
create anonymous pipes. There was a bug in the NpfsClose routine that
froze the caller of CreatePipe() if the write handle was closed before
the read handle. This has been fixed.

Now a pipe is removed when the client fcb list and the server fcb list
are empty. The old implementation removed a pipe when a pipes last
server instance was closed no matter how many client instances were
still open.