[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ion] 12740: Fix my previous patch and fix ACCESS_TOKEN being declared as a structure. This is incompatible with DDK/W32API because ACCESS_TOKEN is a PVOID. The real structure is TOKEN. Also, structure has been updated.

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Mon Jan 3 13:04:52 CET 2005

Eric Kohl wrote:

> ion at svn.reactos.com wrote:
>
>> Fix my previous patch and fix ACCESS_TOKEN being declared as a
>> structure. This is incompatible with DDK/W32API because ACCESS_TOKEN
>> is a PVOID. The real structure is TOKEN. Also, structure has been
>> updated.
>>
> I think Microsoft declared PACCESS_TOKEN as a void pointer in order to
> hide the internals of ACCESS_TOKEN because the average developer does
> not need to access it or they don't want to reveal more information
> than needed.

Yes, just like they did with PSID, and the real structure's pointer name
is PISID.

> Please don't break what's working

What have I broken?

> and revert this patch!

Why revert to something BROKEN?

> We are using our own set of headers because we need to fix crippled
> declarations and add missing ones.

No, within a week or two we will be building with the new header system
I'm working on, which is SDK/DDK compliant, based on W32API and removes
all the thousand of include files which have created this mess everyone
hates.

> If you want to build ReactOS using the MS SDK and DDK fix them instead
> of breaking our headers and code.

I have not "Broken" anything, unless you can show me proof of that. I
have fixed an *incorrect* definition of a structure which would render
our code incompatible with SDK/DDK compilation and the new w32api-based
header system. I cannot 'fix" the MS  SDK and DDK.  The real structure
name is Token, and PACCESS_TOKEN is a PVOID in all forms and instances.