[ros-dev] Application Regression (vim.exe)

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 3 17:09:50 CET 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 23:04:30 +0100
"Ge van Geldorp" <gvg at reactos.com> wrote:

> > From: Gunnar Dalsnes
> >
> > rev. 12374 (reactos/subsys/win32k/ntuser/keyboard.c) broke csrss
> > (ReadConsole, line input). i'm looking into it, but can't
> > promise anything
>
> Sorry for breaking it, I've reversed my change for now. The change was
> introduced because PuTTy would see both key down and key up as an input
> event, so every letter you typed would be doubled. I'll find another way to
> fix it.

Down and up should both be input events but only one should generate a char
readable by ReadFile.  Both will generate events readable by ReadConsoleInput.
Perhaps we're not marking keyup correctly.
--
Here's a simple experiment. Stand on a train track between two locomotives
which are pushing on you with equal force in opposite directions. You will