[ros-dev] /nt Removal Patch

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 5 19:15:17 CET 2005

Hi,

Most of the developers I've talked to (including myself) want to get rid
of the /nt directory, since it is architecturally incorrect and should
instead be migrated into other parts of the kernel. Since the nt
functions that were in the directory were part of the Executive (note
the ExXXXObjectType), I've placed the functions in \ex, and renamed all
Ntp stuff by Exp, with the exception of some LPC stuff which I've
renamed from Ni to Lpcp. profiles were harder, since both the Executive
and Kernel parts were in the nt file (actually we're not implementing
the Executive part properly imo, we don't even have EPROFILE, but that's
another story). Anyways, attached is the patch so you can see what was
changed and where it was displaced. I don't think anyone wants to keep
the /nt directory, based on previous discussions, but I want to make
sure people will be aware of it.