[ros-dev] EASY ON

Magnus Olsen magnus at itkonsult-olsen.com
Wed Jan 12 20:43:59 CET 2005

Hi
No we can not use wine ddraw code.
This have we talk on irc, and I do not want see any of wine d3dx  or
directdraw code
in reactos.

1. Wine ddraw are bund to mesa3d, xfree kernel and Linux kernel
2. Wine d3dx are bund to mesa3d, xfree kernel and Linux kernel
3. It will be slow you do not want to use it.
4. It will  not support any hardware acclactions from directx
5. The directx hardware accleaction are build in direcly in the driver
then export to win32k.sys and d3dhal.dll
6. wine do not export the directx api from the driver as ms does.

Some part of wine directx are hack to geting it working at wine.

My port of wine dinput are base to rewrite it to not use gdi hooks.
for reactos does not support it.

So be happy some directx apps are wroking in reactos.
But it is a minum of directx program that are working in reactos,
until we got more of directx dll from wine and write some of own.
Example the graphic part need to write from scrach. we can not use the wine
code at all.

But some other part of wine directx support can be use in reactos.
I have not look into it yet, follow dll are almost ready go into reactos svn
dsound.  But it need to be clean up in one of the header file: I have not
the time for monet
todo that.

http://sources.redhat.com/win32-x11/ are a dead project seen some year now,
 it exists one that are alive  that aim to port over x11 to windows.
 Last time I check it seasm promies out. you can found it at
sourceforge.net.