[ros-dev] Patch Me 4 Fun

Thomas Larsen sikker2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 01:12:16 CET 2005

Hi

I got a Directory with my version of Reactos i compare with the online SVN version
But It where no problem with the CVN version because files where only changed when they where
updated

Now this is everywhere

/* $Id: mdl.c 13036 2005-01-13 23:47:10Z blight $ *\

And the file isn’t changed at all… ? Is it because when u update u touches all of the files but
only update one it bugs me a lot also because Reactos now fill 240 Mb. instead of 60 Mb. And it
takes a compare tool a lot of time if it also shouldn’t care about the top..

I modified/added about a 10-14 MB of code myself and therefore it’s hard to se when it’s only the
top theirs changed “The Version” and nothing more and can’t really see why updating the vesion and
not the file itself their can be no logic reason for that

The latest update of tool
This file llmosrt.c and some more caused large errors http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~pje/
Because it tries to remove memory there are in use and it give me a lot of trouble when making the
bootcd and livecd think some just update the files from the web page without thinking.. ?

Livecd Cant really use it because all files trying to write contents on the livecd and I think its
really hard to fix so all the files get written on a local hard disk or in memory so why really
have this could only use it for presentation or alike… you cant have apps running specially not
when Reactos comes to and working state..

Thomas Larsen