[ros-dev] SVN Trunk Dead

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 21 18:45:09 CET 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:

> a bunch of crap

Well, the problem was actually Thomas' PSEH frenzy. Our kernel is all
wrong (again) so I'm fixing everything that we messed up.

This is actually a 3-tier problem:

1) We call Nt* from inside the kernel. NEVER DO THIS!!! (If you don't
know why, you better not commit a single line in ROS until you find out...)

2) We create Object Attributes in K-Mode code, but then sent
ExPreviousMode as ObjectAttributeAccessMode to ObCreateObject. Not very
smart, considering the previous mode might be user-mode.

3) Thomas's code had bugs.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu