[ros-dev] ** PATCH DAY 2005 ** PART 3

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 22 13:49:44 CET 2005

Thomas Larsen wrote:

>Please Implent Those Files they sync to newest wine and implent many missing or uncorrect
>functions in Reactos

Hi,

These files are

1) Extremly hard to get to, since they involve multiple levels of
decompression with different utiltiles.

    If you want us to even *look* at them, please post them as pure
.patch files in a zip file.

2) Lacking any sort of changelog

    We will not merge or look at any patch that does not have a
changelog. You need to explain what and why you are doing.

3) Mostly re-formatting changes, or code style changes.

    Such patches are not accepted. Please make you new .patch files only
include bug fixes or improvements. Changing something like

    if  (foo == bar)
    {
       ...;
    }

    to if (foo ==bar) ....;

    is not an acceptable patch.

None of us will pay any attention to this patch unless the above
criteria are met. Single .patch files in a normal .zip file; Changelog
for each patch file, explaning in detail *what the change does *and *why
it's necessary* (if not obvious); Removal of any useless re-formatting
changes.