[ros-dev] ** PATCH DAY 2005

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 23 14:28:56 CET 2005

Thomas Larsen wrote:

>Okay Doing That
>
>I did ask 3 times how any would like to receive the patches 3 month 2 month 1 month ago
>Nobody answer so I found this program on your outdated web page "Win Merge" to make the patches...
>
>The files include in a rar are not compressed and can be opened by one util. Seven Zip I
>compressed it in Winrar because of the limit on bandwidth "Mail Server" only 200 kb allowed and
>split the files in 4 stage without compress... sry for that.

Rar is a compression algorithm, so is 7zip. Both are uncommon... please
just post a single zip on a website if you can...or split it, it's still
fine. But a zip file please. With the .patches directly inside.

>And
>
>shfolder.dll are a new dll file and many more are not included in reactor also hhctrl.ocx makes
>WinZip version 1.0-9.0b works "WinZip Seeks an help file" and can’t start up without this file so

So you've written shfolder.dll? Or synced from WINE? We do syncs from
WINE ourselves using "Vendor drops" when we need a DLL, so that we can
share code.

>MSISYS.OCX Make Some parts of office 2000 Works and some other ocx files witch makes internet
>explorer 5 run but not receive WebPages but its an start..

Are these OCX files coded by you, or from WINE?

>The patches in ntdll.dll correct some bugs/mistakes and implant some new functions will return
>with more detail

Please make sure that you document each bug/mistake...it makes it easier
for us.

>And comdlg32 and comctl32 I implanted missing and wrong implantations and let it work so you could
>test those in a winxp env.

See above.

>comdlg32 comctl32 shfolder.dll makes dependsx86 works and you can also open a run debug output

See above.

>Most of the other files are new implantations of functions

See above.

>In advapi32.dll
>;iamallreadyimplentet where all ready implanted look at it yourself many weird things going on in
>the def file
>And implanted and corrected the reg.c file so you could use your regedit app properly..

See above.

>and i sync every dll with the most recent cvs of wine

We usually do this ourselves with vendor drops, so it's not really
necessary in a patch.

>Code Style
>
>if   (bob)
>  {
> bobobob( kffk) ;
>}
>
>my point different code styles every where in reactos I just tabbed and made it more easy to
>understand
>
>if (bob) {
>  bobobob(kffk);
>}

I understand, but it makes the patches almost impossible to read.

>But okay am a little tired of some blaming all and nothing
>
>Won’t help you
>Read about that and I may help you
>Look on the web page you moron
>You spell the word wrong can’t understand you like an irritating France Man would say.
>You used 2000 Mb of... are you all on telephone lines or what..
>Think it really would help if you treat ppl. Better…
>
>I got an idea:
>
>Split the work provide documentation on your web page comment your code put your best information
>link up on kernel code and so on instead of cutting ppls head over all information do not stand I
>books and many great coders get their information and ideas from ppl, own expertise share it.. it
>will make ppl better.. And Reactos could really use it..
>
>Don’t want a lot of negative mail but comment and so on are welcome the negative I just empty..
>
>But nice job you all and great Sunday..
>
>Thomas

I agree with you that our documentation is a bit lacking, and I thank
you for the work you've done. Many people get discourage when they
submit their first patch, but making mistakes is the way to learning...
I will eagearly awaiting your new patch files, with explenations for the
bugs they fix.