[ros-dev] videoprt.nostrip.sys

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Thu Jan 27 00:43:21 CET 2005

It seems videoprt.nostrip.sys is somewhat messed up. I've attached the
output of "objdump -p videoprt.nostrip.sys". Data Directory Entry 1 says
there's an import directory at 0x0000b000. Then down under "PE File Base
Relocations (interpreted .reloc section contents)" we find:

Virtual Address: 0000b000 Chunk size 12 (0xc) Number of fixups 2
	reloc    0 offset   14 [b014] HIGHLOW
	reloc    1 offset   20 [b020] HIGHLOW

When the module is loaded, the relocations are applied. This messes up the
import table, with the result that the module fails to load (copy
videoprt.nostrip.sys to \reactos\system32\drivers\videoprt.sys and boot
ReactOS). The 2 relocations given above are not present in the "normal"
videoprt.sys module.

I'm inclined to blame gcc (I'm using 3.4.1) or more likely binutils (2.15.90
20040222) for this, but before I make Filip unhappy, does anyone know if
we're doing something wrong during the build process?

Gé van Geldorp.