[ros-dev] Calling all enthusiasts! Become a JANITOR (Just A Newbie Intensively Training On ReactOS) today!

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 28 20:49:49 CET 2005

Dear ReactOS enthusiasts and friends,

We are currently in dire need of motivated people to help us build the
future OS of the masses. While our developers are busily creating new
code and fixing bugs, there remain dozens, if not more, of things to
take care of in our tree and in our code. I would like to extend an open
invitation to anyone interested on becoming a JANITOR (Just A Newbie
Intensively Training On ReactOS).

As a JANITOR, you will join a team of people, which, just like you, want
to see ReactOS succeed and have some spare time to help. You do NOT need
any coding experience! Most of the time, only simple word processing
skills are needed. Janitorial jobs will include cleaning up comment
headers, standardizing the debug system, alphabetizing code and
organizing files, compiling a list of fixmes, checking for spelling
mistakes, etc. These jobs will be custom tailored to your abilities, and
there will be no time limits (but you must commit to doing the job).

Also, JANITORs will have access to an online collaboration site where
the current top-priority jobs are presented, and where they can commit
to one of them. You can also share the workload and work in teams, or
however you work best. A status system will be available to monitor the
progression of jobs, and many more tools will become available.

So don't delay, and join the JANITOR program today! Send me an e-mail at
alex at relsoft.net with your name, e-mail and contact availabily (MSN,
ICQ, IRC (preferred)). A real-time communication tool will be preferred,
but I can acustom to people demanding exclusively e-mail contact (since
the JANITOR Project Site will have most of the information).

I know that many of you want to help but that the current state of the
outdatedness of the website and documentation, as well as the general
lack of directions are discouraging you. This will be a unique
experience to leave your mark in ReactOS.

ReactOS JANITOR Program Manager

NOTE to Devs: The JANITOR Program is fully the child of my brain and is
a personal project, and will not use the ReactOS bandwidth, site, or
other resources unless explicit permission and agreement is made by all
developers. You will not need to do any additional task or handle
anything more and this will not affect your workload in any way.