[ros-dev] I'm new to this list

Emanuele Aliberti ea at iol.it
Sun Jul 3 22:40:23 CEST 2005

Jan wrote:

> hi, my name is jan, i'm from spain. I'm a vc++ programmer and i want
> to help. Any sugestions about how to start?
> jan

Hi Jan,

get nasm+mingw+make
install them (have their binaries in your preferred shell's path, or
write a script to add them)
get a subversion client
get the sources (from the command line: svn co
svn://svn.reactos.com/trunk/reactos )
(details here http://reactos.com/wiki )

If you are a general purpose programmer, try running your preferred
Windows program under ros and, if it fails, catch the bug in our code
and fix it, if you can (If you can't, use Bugzilla). That's a nice game,
but sometimes it requires a lot of energy (hint: begin with simple
programs). If you are skilled in a special area (the MMU is my home... I
invented X/11...) well browse the code you like more and challenge yourself.

As Ge says, we make it for fun. Have fun coding!

--
:Emanuele Aliberti