[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [ekohl] 16393: - Move definitions from ntpnp.h into NDK and DDK

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 3 22:04:19 CEST 2005

Eric Kohl wrote:

> Alex Ionescu wrote:
>
>> Heh, you beat me to it! I asked Filip if it was OK to do this and was
>> going to do it myself, thanks for thinking foward. I just have two
>> comments:
>

> I just wanted to push some of my changes for 0.2.7 out of the door
> before it is too late and my pile of patches gets too large to handle.
> ;-)

I know the feeling... I'm working my *** off to finish a substantial
Win32 patch that will kill rosrtl forever. Hopefully it'll be ready
tomorrow and then it'll have 2-3 weeks of testing before 0.2.7.

>>    - I think the GUIDs are undocumented, while wdmguid.h is a DDK
>> header. Therefore, adding them there breaks MS DDK compatibility,
>> since we'll get undefined errors if we build with it. Sorry to
>> nitpick about compatibility again.
>

> Yep, you're right. I'll move them out of the way.

Thanks.

>>    - To keep size small and to stick with the current way the NDK has
>> been made, I would prefer if there were no coments in it that
>> describe or document structures. The comments should go on top of the
>> actual APIs in the source files. Sorry for nitpicking again ;-).
>

> Agreed! I only wanted to make sure that Filips comments won't get lost
> because they are the only information we have about the NtPlugPlay
> functions. I'll move it into ntoskrnl/io/plugplay.c.

Thanks.

> Regards,
> Eric

Since you seem to be doing some cleanup work youself, and since I don't
want to delay my patch more, maybe you could take care of the following
fixme in the NDK:

    Priority 4:
    - Kernel and Memory Types are not architecture-specific [ketypes.h,
mmtypes.h]

If you're not too busy, please create a ketypes.h and mmtypes.h in
ndk/i386 and copy the arch-specific types in there, then create an
ndk/arch directory which will select the right archtiecture directory.
Just like we handle ntoskrnl/include/internal/ke.h, arch/ke.h and /i386/ke.h

Thanks.