[ros-dev] Re: One more bug

Quandary ai2097 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 14:12:37 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:38:38AM +0200, Rafal Kupiec
wrote:
> I think I shoudn't write here this.
> Person finds free time to do it and you're doing
> problems. I think i'll never more write information
> about bugs in your system.

I shall refrain from commenting.

> BTW. Please download HostiliX Sources from SVN (rev
> 42). Make CD Image and boot it in VmWare or on real
> hardware. This problems don't occure in HostiliX!

Ummm... and please sign up for the bugzilla system
to submit your bugs?

You, as a full-time employee, can't be bothered to
sign up for bugzilla, but you expect all of us to
go download the entire HostiliX repo (some on dialup),
compile it, and boot it... just to prove/disprove
that the bug does or doesn't exist in code that's not
even ours?

Methinks you're holding a double-standard -- a very
self-centered one at that. Your time is -so- precious
that you can't be bothered to go through, at most, a
30-minute, one-time process in order to properly
report a bug, yet you think our time is soooo
expendable that we should go through a process that
could easily take some of us over an hour to do. Not
only that, but the process you want -us- to go through
doesn't even result in work getting done -- it would
succeed only in stroking your ego. Look! ReactOS has a
bug that HostiliX doesn't! Whoop-de-doo! Now what? We
can't re-use your code, since it's considered
"tainted," so we don't gain anything by verifying that
the HostiliX code does/doesn't work.

For the record: How many people on this list have
full-time jobs not related to ReactOS?

When I joined the ReactOS Bugzilla, I was a full-time
college student (15 credits, 22 hours of class/travel
a week, another 20+ hours in homework easily).

-- Travis