[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [navaraf] 16445: Put the page tables and hyperspace at the right place in memory (ie. Windows compatible).

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 10 12:20:49 CEST 2005

Hartmut Birr wrote:

>Filip Navara wrote:
>

>>Sorry, I was confused by incorrect graph in the Windows Internals, 4th
>>edition book which shows an 8Mb hyperspace region (in fact the high
>>4Mb are unused).

Yes, that graph is totally wrong and limited...shame for such a good book.

>> Do you think the attached patch corrects the problem?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Filip
>>

>Hi,
>
>your patch does fix the problem. I prefer to use 0xc0800000 - 0xc08fffff
>for the hyperspace region.

But that's not NT-compatible anymore. First of all that's only 0xFFFFF
bytes, while the Hyperspace region should be 0x400000 bytes. And
secondly, the region is marked as reserved.  I agree with Filip to use
0xc0400000-0xc0800000