[ros-dev] Pending 0.2.7 RC2

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Wed Jul 20 22:28:51 CEST 2005

You are confusing HEAD with trunk. Trunk is the main development branch. HEAD
is the youngest (highest) revision in the repository. HEAD is not tied to any
particular branch.

If you run a company where you pay your developers their $70K/year to work for
you, then your approach might be better. For ReactOS however, it is not better since
forcing people to do work is not something we do around here. You might find
that developers just don't contribute anything at all during the freeze if you make
trunk read-only. You also assume that anyone can fix any bug in ReactOS. Were I
to track down and fix a bug in say win32k today, I could probably spend most of
my day doing that. If I were to track down and fix a bug in rbuild today,
I could probably do it much faster.

Casper