[ros-dev] Pending 0.2.7 RC2

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 20 22:41:25 CEST 2005

Casper Hornstrup wrote:

>If you run a company where you pay your developers their $70K/year to work for
>you, then your approach might be better. For ReactOS however, it is not better since
>forcing people to do work is not something we do around here.

I believe Ged used the term "remember to concentrate more on bugfixes"
and not "force people". Those are very different terms...From my
discussions, I believe a majority of developers feel that there shoudl
be more concentration towards bug fixes during releases instead of new
implementations.

> You might find
>that developers just don't contribute anything at all during the freeze if you make
>trunk read-only.

Making trunk read-only, on the other head, is not a good idea and might
hinder some developers if they really wanted to implement something
new/unrelated to a bug fix, so I don't agree with it either.

I believe the normal established methods of "concentration bug fixes"
should work well. That is, don't ship until blocking bugs are fixed.