[ros-dev] Reactos.com problems

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Sat Jul 23 13:08:49 CEST 2005

There are pretty strong indications that the reactos.com box was cracked. It
took part in a DDoS attack. As a consequence, it was isolated from the
network. Unfortunately, I'm on vacation right now so I don't have physical
access to the box and am unable to fix/reinstall.
For the moment, I've moved the mailing lists to a backup box. I am not
moving the website, since it seems the attack was carried out via the
website (a vulnerability in one of the php script packages we use). I'll put
up a dummy page informing visitors.
Not sure how far along the release of 0.2.7 is, but I'd like to suggest to
put it off for at least another week, until I'm back and can sort things
out.

Apologies for the inconvenience, Ge van Geldorp.