[ros-dev] Blockers...

Gedi gedi at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 26 00:29:41 CEST 2005

Steven Edwards wrote:

>Hi,
>
>--- Royce Mitchell III <royce3 at ev1.net> wrote:
>

>>>When browsing through the start menu and pointing at an item which has
>>>further sub-items, it is expanded straight away. This makes the start
>>>menu expand everything as the mouse quickly moves across it.
>>>It would be nicer to have it as it is in Windows or KDE, etc, whereby
>>>the pointer needs to hover over a particular item for around 0.5-1.0
>>>secs before it expands.
>>>
>>>Hope that makes sense.
>>>

>>I prefer the instant reaction. If we're going to change it, can we make
>>it configurable, please?
>>

>Yes I prefer instant reaction as well. Microsoft added that stupid fade effect for no other reason
>than to eat CPU cycles and look flashy. If you don't want the menu to expand.....don't move the
>mouse there =P.
>
>Or at the very least make it a configurable option so I don't have to waste 0.5-1.0 secs of my
>life everytime I use the menu. You know those secs from all this eye candy add up over the
>years.....
>
>Thanks
>Steven

I'm not into all the eye candy stuff either. I'm not sure if we're
taking about the same thing here.
What I meant was, when you move your mouse up the start menu quickly,
everything tries to expand immedietly. This turns the menu into a mad
flashing strobe like something out of a prodigy video.
Also, when wanting to follow an expanded item, if you drift off with the
cursor there is no leeway and you have to start over again.  It's sorta
like that game at the fair where you have to move the loop around
without touching the wire, else you have to start over.

Ged.