[ros-dev] Upgrading Subversion to 1.2.1

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Thu Jul 28 10:16:18 CEST 2005

Hi.

I'm upgrading Subversion on svn.reactos.com to version 1.2.1
to correct some memory leaks in svnserve. Subversion 1.2.x
also brings us:

Faster access to old revisions. svn blame, svn checkout,
svn update, svn diff, svn merge will be faster.

Locking. If you have an 1.2.x client you can lock files and
directories. This is mostly useful for binaries so it's
possibly not something we will use much.

For faster access to old revisions, a "dump and load" of the
repository is needed so the repository will be unavailable
for a few hours today.

Casper