[ros-dev] RE: [ros-svn] [sedwards] 16887: dos line endings

Martin Fuchs fuchs.martin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:58:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

any developer should use some decent default property settings for subversion.
Important settings include the line endings for *.c, *.cpp, *.h, *.txt
and *.xml files:

"*.c"="svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision"
"*.cpp"="svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision"
"*.h"="svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision"
"*.xml"="svn:eol-style=native"

At the same time it enables substitution keywords for the source code files.
What is also possible is specifying the mime type for well known file types:

"*.png"="svn:mime-type=image/png"

I compiled a registry script with my favour settings, and put it on the web:
www.sky.franken.de/svn/SVN-config.zip

After importing the registry settings by double-clicking the .reg file
the default settings are applied to any _new_ file, the user checks
into the SVN repository. Already existing files are not changed in any
way.

For Unix/Linux one can edit the settings in his/her SVN config file
located at $HOME/.subversion/config .

Regards,

   Martin