[ros-dev] EventLog

Saveliy Tretiakov saveliyt at mail.ru
Sun Jul 31 12:48:04 CEST 2005

Hi. I'm implementing an EventLog service now. I want to make it 100%
compatible with windows. Windows machines will be able to access reactos
eventlog via rpc.

Undocumented rpc interface is almost reversed now. You can find it in
attached archive with some tests. Ansi functions work very well, but
I have some problems with unicode ones. When I pass initialized with
nulls UNICODE_STRING to a function, it works. When I initialize
structure with some other values, exception is raised on server side
(1783 Stub received bad data). I don't know why this happens. Advapi32
initializes structures with RtlInitUnicodeString, nothing special. Any
ideas?

And I don't know how to compile this with widl and gcc.  SEH is not
implemented in gcc, right? How rpc exceptions are handled in ROS? Widl
returns strange errors. Somebody familiar with widl please help me =)