[ros-dev] r15720 - wtf?

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Fri Jun 3 01:51:54 CEST 2005

Hi,
Aleksey Bragin wrote:
>     Hi,
> James - please, could you tell me the purpose of 15720 commit? "Adding
> Cromwell to Usb" means that you are doing only non-coding updates most
> of all, but turns out commit touches more than just xml build system
> integration.

Cromwell works! Why not have it in the system! There are no USBPDO-x or USBFDO-x,
but at lest it loads. I fixed the problem with the sys directory. It builds
clean now.

> But, *why* you changed variable name, in struct even(!!!!), interface to
> pinterface? You understand, and I already told you, it's Linux's source
> code, and it will just add more conflicts when doing 2.5->2.6 upgrade.

Blame the new build system!

I had no choice, interface was creating conflicts, I could not locate the
reason why ATM. I think it is a __USE_W32API thing, Interface must be used
some where else. Oh, Relax man, I'll fix it! 8^D

I had to comment out IoGetDeviceProperty, there is no pnp support yet so why make
this call? For the rest of the code, I will clean up the mess I made. Some things
should not have been committed.

I use 2.6.11ac7, I keep up with Linux all the time, importing for me is not
a problem.

> Please, in future, submit this kind of patches to Linux.
> Though I thank you for the changes you have done to other files, xml
> files, etc.
>

> WBR,
> Aleksey Bragin.

Research Research and Research!

Here is the problem,,

Well, put simply,
Usbd and Usbport are Microsoft closed proto-calls. So, using linux as a base
we can create our own drivers. BTW Uhci.sys loads and recognizes the usb ports.
With my hardware it does. 8^)

Expect Cromwell to change into real WDM like files, look at serial and serenum.
Both BTW work with M$.

I'm doing more work tonight.

Sorry for the mess and Thanks!
James