[ros-dev] Re: New OS built on ReactOS and WinuxOS technology!

Martin Fuchs fuchs.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:11:35 CEST 2005

Hi Rafal,

> 2/3) You want to do Windows clone, becouse the most poeple use it. So,
> you want to do free Widnows. But we want to do completelly new OS, that
> what I said it will be able to run Widnows apps and load windows
> drivers. That's all. Of course we can cooperate if you want. You can get
> our patches from HostiliX's SVN and we can get your patches from
> ReactOS's SVN.

When do you expect will you make your source code public, so we can
have a look at e.g. your taskmanager bugfixes? Your SVN repository is
currently empty.

> Actually we're only looking for people who symphatetic our idea to make
> completelly new OS (somethink like modified Windows).

Sure, this is also something I am missing a bit in ReactOS: It's not
possible to implement much enhancements over MS Windows - there is
always this "100 % compatibility" sword of damocles. Extending the
WIN32 API is not possible without breaking the compatibility of ROS
applications, which should also be able to run on MS Windows.

> On most forum boards where are Windows Customization sections you can
> see Windows with Aqua style (they're changing Windows to look like MacOS
> or Linux)

The GUI style is just kind of fashion. For example after Longhorn gets
released, this trends will change again IMHO.

Regards,

   Martin