[ros-dev] added a proposed patch to bugzilla

Johannes Olofsson johannes_olofsson at spray.se
Wed Mar 2 17:24:41 CET 2005

Hi!
 The CAPS constant is defined to be KSHIFT, which if I understand this correct means that  the shifted value is used when caps lock is used.

Try to change the line :
/* none, shift, ctrl-alt, ctrl, ctrl-shift */
 { VK_OEM_7, NOCAPS, 0xe4, 0xe0, 0x7b, WCH_NONE, 0x00 },                    /* ä à {    */

to:
 { VK_OEM_7, KCTRL, 'code for ä', 'code for à', 0x7b, 'code for Ä', 'code for À },   /* ä à {    */

in order to use the ctrl and ctrl-shift states for caps lock for this key.

I don't have a test environment set up at the moment to test this, but it is possible that windows uses something like this.
Regards
Johannes Olofsson

10 Gigabyte Mailbox - http://mail.spray.se