[ros-dev] added a proposed patch to bugzilla

Johannes Olofsson johannes_olofsson at spray.se
Fri Mar 4 14:41:50 CET 2005

Hi!
What is the output (with the changed line) when the key is pressed, whithout a modifier key, with shift, with caps lock, with caps lock + shift and with alt gr?
Regards
Johannes Olofsson

> Från: Roman Hoegg <roman.hoegg at unisg.ch>
> Till: ReactOS Development List <ros-dev at reactos.com>
> Rubrik: Re: Re: [ros-dev] added a proposed patch to bugzilla
> Datum: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:58:46 +0100

> Try to change the line :
> /* none, shift, ctrl-alt, ctrl, ctrl-shift */
> { VK_OEM_7, NOCAPS, 0xe4, 0xe0, 0x7b, WCH_NONE, 0x00 },                    /* ä à {    */

> to:
> { VK_OEM_7, KCTRL, 'code for ä', 'code for à', 0x7b, 'code for Ä', 'code for À },   /* ä à {    */

> in order to use the ctrl and ctrl-shift states for caps lock for this key.

thanks for the help. What you suggest here actually works (I've just tested it).
However, what it does is it makes Ctrl to behave the way CapsLock should behave and turns CapsLock into AltGr (strange...). That's not how my keyboard acts on other OS'. I really think there should be a way to differentiate between CapsLock and Shift. I'm sure that there will also be other keyboards that need that in the future.
thanks!

Ros-dev mailing list

Ros-dev at reactos.com