[ros-dev] new build system: informal performance test

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Sun Mar 6 19:58:29 CET 2005

At least this must be done before merging to trunk:

* make the cd boot. It shouldn't require much
* dk/nkm/lib is always recreated causing unneeded rebuilding of import libraries
* add symbols to the images
* make install
* testing that it behaves correctly when applying patches (rebuilding what is needed, but no more). I'd appreciate if someone would
help do this
* test/finish DBG, KDBG, ACPI configurations. If someone wants to remove the KDBG and ACPI configurations on trunk, I'd be very
happy ;-)

We need to decide which of these can wait till after the merge:

* pretty build output mode
* pre-compiled header support
* generate map files (do we still need these?)
* any other features of the old build system we need that I can't remember

Cast your votes ;-)

Casper