[ros-dev] Assertion in /objects/dc.c

dolphin_ at gmx.net dolphin_ at gmx.net
Tue Mar 8 08:05:14 CET 2005

Hello!

I have just updates to the latest SVN version and now I have the problem, that I cannot install ReactOS anymore.

At the first reboot after installation, I get the following Assertion (cut from debug output):

(devinst.c:1008:SetupDiInstallClassW)
Assertion 'NewDC->DMW.dmBitsPerPel == BitsPerFormat(SurfObj->iBitmapFormat)' fai
led at objects/dc.c line 808
Entered debugger on embedded INT3 at 0x0008:0x80006243.

When I ignore this Assertion (by continuing), I can do so serveral times, after that my PC reboots. The error occurs on both QEMU and real HW.
I guess this error has something to do with the latest changes. Perhaps someone can verify/fix this (GvG ?).

I discoverd one or two other problems too (that have nothing to do with the latest SVN build), but I have to recheck them to ensure they still exist.
This is what I've done: I have clicked wildly with the right mouse button on the Desktop background to open the context menu and randomly used the context menu of the Explorer to move the Explorer windows arround in between.
When I do this for a couple of seconds, ReactOS crashes. (I posted a BSOD yesterday in IRC, but I guess nobody noticed it, here is the link:
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/kxur3L28.html

As I said, I will recheck this in the evening today. Perhaps someone else will have a look on this too.

Best regards,

  Dolphin