[ros-dev] Userland services

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Tue Mar 8 20:54:42 CET 2005

art yerkes wrote:
> What are our current options for creating userland services in reactos?

Services.exe can start standalone services (.exe files) but controlling
them is impossible because of missing RPC code in the service manager.

> We don't seem to have an svchost, so should I make my service a
> standalone exe for now?

Yes! Eventlog and umpnpmgr are already working this way.

> Is anybody working on service support?

I'm working on WIDL in order to implement the service control code in
services.exe and advapi32.dll.

Btw, right now I don't have much time for hacking except for the
weekends because I am attending a 6-month programming course. I hope to
add the next feature to WIDL by the weekend.

Regards,
Eric